Saturday, May 8, 2010
Suspect: Teresa Boittman
"My last encounter with George was an interesting one. He wanted to come inside after dropping Adrian off. He had a coffee. I was amazed at how little he had changed since the divorce. Still cute in the way he held his coffee mug. The way his knee bounced up and down whenever he was in a new environment; a sign that he was nervous and probably hungry. Adrian wanted to show him around but he kissed our litttle boy and told him to bed. So gentle in his voice, it only slightly brought me back to a happier time. Slightly...what's a word for the opposite of slightly? I got so happy that in the same moment I became angry. Mad at George for ruining our relationship and making our child suffer through watching his parents separate. Making that... Secretary of his take care of my baby. Letting her walk around in skinny outfits and bikinis on the beach in front of my child and posting pictures of the three of them on Facebook, looking like a wholesome family of three. He told me in my living room that he never stopped loving me. He told me that he sometimes regrets the decision that he made, but he's facing it by living through it--and I knew--I knew it was bullshit, but for that moment I needed to believe it. I embraced him. I took him. He took me. We were in love again. High school students--graduates of 2008, prom King and Queen, George Megauntry and Teresa Boittman. It was as if we were conceiving Adrian again. I went to sleep with love on my mind and remorse on my heart. Because, what was he going to tell Monica? Poor Monica. Should have seen it comin'. I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face that quickly faded into a tight lipped frustrated frown as I read the note he left on my pillow. "Going back home to my wife," it said. "The next time I drop Adrian off will be the next time I take you to Heaven." And just like that, I was back in my bittersweet moment from the night before; pissed that he would dare refer to that... Secretary as his wife--to ME. Yet ready and willing to play Sexual Russian Roulette with her. She, who hadn't a clue of the ride to the ninth cloud that her husband had given me three times that night. I watched him drive away with a frustrated smirk and slammed my apartment door. That was the last I saw of my ex husband, your honor. So I did NOT kill George Megauntry."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment